Saturday, February 15, 2014

Siblings: The struggle is real


Having siblings is like a never ending battle of who's better, everyone who has a sibling instantaneously understands what I mean. If you don’t have a sibling, consider yourself lucky, because having siblings completely sucks (especially when you are the opposite gender of all of them). As stated in my bio, I have three sisters Helen, Bethany, and Annabell. When I was younger, I would argue with one of them only to be tidal waved by the onslaught of counter-arguments made by sisters five to seven years older than me, or at least that’s what it felt like. I’m sure their side of the story is more than a little different.

                However, when I least expected it, one of my sisters surprised me. She made me miss her. She got married and left. Constantly, I found myself going to her room about to ask her to help me with something, just to find her gone. Now don’t get me wrong the awesomeness of moving the Xbox to my room was just that, awesome. However, now I rarely see my sister. So the next time you are complaining about your sibling, just think. In a few years, they may not be living with you. So enjoy them while they last.

-John Carter

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed the humor in your post. I have 5 siblings and it was a lot harder to be close to them while living at home. After getting some space, I realized they mean a lot to me and I was privileged to have a lot of memories- some good and some not so good!

    ReplyDelete