Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Is It Really Worth The Worry?




One of the big questions running through my mind constantly right now is:
“What am I going to do with my life?”

I find myself worrying any time I see a college brochure, and biting my nails
every time I get I asked what I want to major in. If you feel this way, don’t
worry: I’m in the same boat as you.

 As much as the term ‘YOLO’ (You Only Live Once) irritates me, it does have some truth to it. Life isn’t suppose to be spent worrying about what’s going to happen tomorrow or the next day or the day after that. That doesn’t mean that we should just stroll through life carelessly, but it does mean we
shouldn’t be buried neck deep in fears about the future.

Now the next question is, “How do I stop worrying about the future?”
 I’m going to try my best to answer this question, but I honestly don’t have it completed figured out either. Here’s what I’ve learned so far:


#1 Delay the worrying.
 This may sound really stupid, but if you force yourself to wait by saying “Let me worry about this a month from now, because it isn’t going to happen for a while.” It’s easier to focus on living in the moment right now.

#2 Keep things in perspective.
 Take a look at some of your fears and ask yourself “How big of an effect does that really have on my life?” Try to look at things through different eyes and see if it is really worth your time to worry about.

#3 Focus on the stuff you do know.
 This is a tough one, because we often become so wrapped up in what we don’t know, we forget what we do. Try to think about a time in your life when you worried about something for days, months, maybe even years, but when I came it turned out to be not that bad. Remember that feeling of being completely wrong in your worrying and regretting spending so much time fearing this thing that turned out to be not that bad.


One of my main goals in life is to be able to be laying on my death bed and have no regrets; To be able to say I accomplished everything I wanted to. Maybe you have the same wish. I wrote this article to help you get a step closer to being able to say that. Let me know any comments or feedback you have! I would love to hear from you!


Thanks for listening,

Em&Em

No comments:

Post a Comment