Thursday, February 27, 2014

Media Affects your Attitude

It's hard to live without media in our homes. We listen to music while we do chores, after that we watch TV or hop on our Xbox. We talk with friends via email, texting, and cell phone. all of these require electronic devices. These things are good and a privilege, but they also can become bad things.
A few examples are:

- The Internet.
The Internet is easy to access and is a helpful tool, but your mind may wander. you may end up were your parents might not want you to be, or see things that are not for the eyes of teens.

- The music we listen to.
Do you listen to up-beat music? This could affect your attitude towards your friends or your family. It may make you angry just because the music is loud, fast, or violent. I love to listen to country music. I listen to it when I do my chores, it helps me sleep, I listen to it when I do certain subjects in school(I'm home schooled.) As you can see, it involved in most of the things I do during the day. Country music can also be dangerous. You may listen to some "love" songs and become addicted and desire to have a girlfriend of boyfriend. Or worse.

- TV.
Televison is very entertaining and an easy way to kill time. There may be some shows or movies on that are not "clean" vocally, visually, and physically. Like the internet, you may see things that you should never have seen. you have to be careful.

-Video games.
Violence seen in video game may change your attitude towards people. First person shooters are one of the main games played in America. War violence is not the best thing to do much of. Just like like TV, seeing thing that are not healthy or good to see.

Please understand that I am not saying that you should stop using the internet or listening to music or playing video games. What I'm saying is that you should pay close attention to your attitude and see if what you're doing is affecting it. Just be careful about how you use these privileges.

Do you find any of the things you do on a daily basis affect your mood? Tell us about it in the comments below.
~ Randy

3 comments:

  1. Very true! Loved the part about the music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some pretty good tips.
    I find that video games have desensitized me to violent acts, and have made a game out of a very serious thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was so great. It really shows how the media is trying to affect us and behave the way they want us to. I know with music, for me, it changes my mood and therefore my whole day. Same with video games. They make you become violent and not very well controlled. Amazing :)

    ReplyDelete