Saturday, January 25, 2014

Studying, Notice “Dying” at the End!


One of the most common struggles any teen will have in school is studying. Lots of teens, including me, struggle with it. Throughout the first term of the school year, I have struggled in a few subjects such as English, history, and science. After a while I got really tired of the grades I was getting. I talked to my parents about it, (Yeah, I was THAT desperate!) They came up with a solution: compose a schedule of my week and write in all of my classes for it. Then they said to set aside one hour for each subject that I struggled in, and study the text book. So I read it one paragraph at a time, and summarized what each paragraph said in one sentence. Then I read it through one more time normally. 

After a week, I noticed a significant difference in my grades. In my classes I realized that I understood more of what the teacher was talking about. It took away a bit of my free time, but it was well worth it to see my grades change dramatically.

If you try it, please tell me how it went. Or maybe you could leave other suggestions for the other people reading.

Thanks,


Randy L. Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment